Saturday, December 13, 2008

home and school.

so it's time to update. I just got through with my last week of real classes. Actually they were over on Wednesday, it was crazy. I felt like I had a four day weekend. But now I have to start studying for finals. It kinda sucks because on everyone elses facebooks say they are already home. We are here a week later than everybody else. But we also get six weeks of for the break while everyone else gets three or four. (score). I am planning on substituting for elementary school over the January if everything works out. I needed a copy of my social security card but my mom lost it. So I have to apply for a new one literally as soon as I get home. Makes my first two days of "break" pretty crazy.
I'm actually pretty nervous about going home. It's always so weird, the place you call home isn't really home anymore. It's bittersweet when I go home. I love home because my family is there and so is John, I get to be in the house I grew up in. I get to sleep in my squeaky bed, see my doggy and enjoy private bathrooms! haha. But it's weird when I feel like I have to come home at midnight, when I have chores to do and errands to run. My mom makes us do our quiet times before we get on the computer. I'm not used to that. I like doing my quiet time whenever I feel like it. (I still usually do it everyday). It's so weird and I know near the end of the break I'll probably be school sick, ready to see my OBU friends.
Anyways, it looks like John will be spending next semester at OBU with me. It's crazy how God ruins my plans, I love it. When I first came to OBU John thought he would be spending next year in the city going to school, then he decided to come to OBU next year and now it's working out that he can come next semester. I'm really excited, I think he'll just flourish here, to be around great Godly guys for the first time.
Anyways I should probably start doing laundry, filling out my Social Security form (ugh), and buy blue books and scantrons for finals.
Please be praying for me this week!

1 comment:

TheShermanFam said...

Ugh! I always hated finals...probably because I had not gone to my classes and knew NOTHING! But whatever...
And about the coming home thing...yes, it is weird for a while after you go to college...but later on it's like this great, wonderful relaxing place to come and visit and you'll hate leaving and you'll be planning your next visit before you leave the drive-way.
Sorry to get all cheesy-ish...I just wanted to give you something to look forward to :D