Thursday, June 19, 2008

about the other night

before you read: this post has no structure...just kind of a flow of thoughts



so last night was seriously one of the most glorious days of my life. well i'm prone to over reacting and embellishing things but last night...and the whole day really was just really great. the started off with my daily hour of Jon and Kate Plus 8. I seriously love that show, it always makes me laugh. then my boyfran' (John) came over and we watched a movie and had a quiet time. now let me say this, one of the coolest things about John is that we pray together and that we do quiet times. he comes over every morning with a dr. pepper and we sit down and spend some time with the Lord together praying for eachother, our walks, and our relationship. i've never had this with anyone before but i've always wanted to and what's more is it was HIS idea. so cool, right? so i've come to find anytime you start your day off with prayer it's bound to be better than without. then John and I made some mac and cheese and chilled for a bit. later i went over to Ember's house to scrapbook. something i've really gotten into lately. a few people told me i'd be good at it and that i should try but i never really thought about it. anyways somehow Ember talked me into it and i go over there and work on one and she helps out and gives me great ideas and techniques. it's something i really like, a way to relieve stress, get your mind off of things, spend time with a cool friend plus i'm pretty good at it. now let me say this about Ember...she is seriously one of the coolest people i know. i've known her for a year or two now but i've never really gotten the chance to just hang out with her and talk with her. she's so cool she likes good music (like the shins) and we really get eachothers sense of humor. i can tell her alot of things which is really cool. i tell her things about John or how i'm not quite ready to leave home yet or how i miss my brother. it's so cool. anyways after that i had to go to work for two hours which was the worst part of the day and it wasn't even that horrible. anyways i went over to Johns and his mom made us some curried fish and it was bombin'. she shared some really funny stories about him when he was younger...he got a little embarrassed. we decided to go to the park and look at the stars we grabbed blankets and pillows and just posted up on the ground at Huber. unfortunately the sky was eaten up by a mass of rain clouds but it was still beautiful. John and I had a great conversation about all kinds of things...it's cool that we can talk about everything. then basically he took me home.
now for the whole point of this blog (i know it's long enough already right?) the sky going home that night. it's amazing how God chooses to show himself to you. sometimes it's in my moms infinite wisdom, sometimes it's when my brother hugs me or laughs with me, sometimes it's just sitting there soaking Him in. i find such immense beauty and wonder in nature...especially the sky. nothing captivates me like a gorgeous moon, a starry sky, a colorful sunset or a lightning storm. last night there was a gorgeous lightning storm racing through the clouds. it was a constant display and dance of light between the clouds. in that moment i felt His beauty, His love, magnificence and power. in that moment i felt like it was all alright. even though some might find a lightning storm violent or scary, i found it incredibly moving and peaceful. i knew that He delighted in me and that He was happy for me and that He's happy with where I'm at. all in a lightning storm. in some way i feel like He showcased His love and power that night just for me. like He knew how much i take delight in His nature and he chose to enthrall me that night through that storm. i feel peace and maybe it's opposite to feel and find peace in a lightning storm but i've never felt so content with where my life is at. try as Satan might to discourage me and dishearten me i know i am happy with where i'm at and that God is as well. and isn't that all that matters?

3 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

Well...aren't you just the sweetest thang! You're really the one that is cool...I'm just pretending :D

Oh...and I LOVE stormy weather, too! God is WAAAY awesome...if there is any doubt after that display...then your NUTS!:D
Em

TheShermanFam said...

You are crackin' me up! Of course we can do more stuff! Maybe something for your mom since you will be leaving...like things you want to thank her for...or maybe just a bunch of pics of you and her from baby to now...or cards or whatev!! I'm totally down with whatever!

Kayti said...

anna-buh-danna.
this is one of the greatest things you've ever written.
or...well..okay..you write great things all the time..but..i really loved this.
i miss you.
we need to hang out.